Better Than Epoxy: Colorado Western Slope Garage Floor Coatings
A garage is a haven for many people. With FLEXMAR polyaspartic coatings, you can choose the look that fits you and your décor. By varying the combination of color flakes and chip size, our applicators can achieve just about any appearance. One great way to do that is with our beautiful, durable garage floor coatings expertly installed by Floor Coatings USA’s qualified floor technicians. Flexmar NextGen polyaspartic coatings lead the seamless resinous concrete floor coatings industry by outperforming and outlasting other polyaspartics and epoxy floors in Colorado.
Stronger Than Epoxy
If you are looking for garage floor coatings, there is a good chance you did a search for “epoxy.” Historically, epoxy has been at the leading edge of garage floor coatings, but that is no longer the case. Nowadays, the polyaspartic coatings are a much better option.
A finished FLEXMAR color flake floor is bright, glossy, and has just a slight texture to it. And the floor will retain its appearance—without yellowing or fading due to age or exposure to fluorescent lighting or sunlight—for years to come, with no buffing, polishing, waxing, or re-sealing required.
In addition to blowing epoxy’s strength out of the water, our polyaspartic floor coatings offer a whole host of other benefits:
- Our polyaspartic coatings dry within an hour and the floor surface can be recoated or return to service in one to two hours after the coatings system is applied.
- Flexmar polysaspartics have Zero VOC coatings and virtually no odor.
- Our garage floor coatings are resistant to damage from ultraviolet light. In contrast, epoxy coatings will yellow and fade after consistent exposure to sunlight.
- Our polyaspartics withstand abrasion, wear, and physical impact from heavy foot, vehicle, and forklift traffic and are not affected by hot tire pick-up, unlike epoxy.
- Our coatings are impervious to many chemicals, oils, kerosene, gasoline … even mild acids!
- Our coatings provide a glossy finish that also resists stains. In general, the material is also resistant to scrapes, extreme temperatures, and many forms of chemical corrosion.
In addition to the above benefits, Flexmar NextGen polyaspartics have a quicker installation time, which creates minimal disruption, minimal inconvenience, and helps reduce any potential loss of revenue due to complete operational shutdown. It helps to reduce loss of customer traffic or productivity during a partial operational shutdown for a commercial business and same-day application residentially, allowing clients to return to service with their garages without leaving their belongings in storage overnight.
In contrast, an epoxy garage floor coating generally takes three to four days to install in temperatures greater than 50 degrees, allowing for cure time. With our faster process even in low-temperature days, you’ll get an extra two or three hassle-free days to enjoy your new garage floor coating!
Our coatings can be installed in temperatures anywhere between -30 degrees and 140 degrees Fahrenheit. This means that, except in very extreme environments, you can have our coatings installed any time of year, even on Colorado’s coldest or hottest days. Epoxy, on the other hand, only has a very narrow temperature window during which it can be installed, making installation impossible except during the spring and fall in many states.
If we haven’t convinced you to consider choosing Flexmar NextGen floor coatings for your garage floor coatings, patio, or basement, check out all of the customization options that we offer. If you are still on the fence, one of our friendly and knowledgeable representatives is available to answer your questions. You can also reach out to us by email for a free quote here. If you are located in the western slope areas or any of the neighboring regions, reach out to us today!